Thursday, March 25, 2010

Death sounds fun!

I don't mean to be morbid or come across as angry at life, because I'm not.

I was just thinking about the economy and moving to Texas and jobs and all kinds of crazy stuff that life is about to bring. My personal belief is that the economy will not get better, only worse. Maybe that is the cynical me coming out, but nevertheless, I believe it. Then I start getting all worried about life and money and kids and being homeless and it's a slippery slope to the day I'm just going to die of starvation or freeze to death.

Then I remember that I have a Great Savior. I think back to Philippians 1:20 (I think...). Paul says, "for me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me, yetwhat shall I choose? I do not know. I am torn between the two. I desire to depart and be with Christ, which is better by far..." And that's just the dang truth. Departing and being with Christ is the best thing that could ever happen to me. So why do I worry? What is the worst that can happen? I die? Paul says that's actually the best! So... It's all good, really. But I still need to bring my anxiety to Jesus.

Mrs. Scalf

No comments:

Post a Comment