Monday, May 24, 2010

Washington, D.C. - Baby B!

Hello Friends!

I've had several things that I've needed to blog about, but haven't had the resources necessary to do so until now! (My Internet is canceled at the apartment, my personal computer is in Texas with the hubby, and I haven't been at work for a 1.5 weeks!) So here we go!

Washington, D.C. with Streets was a BLAST! The trip went really smoothly - no one became a missing person! (Please excuse the iPhone photos... I don't have a chord for my camera [not that my camera is any better quality]) Here is a photo of the Vietnam Veterans Memorial with the Washington Monument in the background. I really enjoyed D.C. and would love to go back with PJ - who is a history buff - someday!



We were in D.C. until May 12 at 9:00 AM. By noon that same day, I was on the road to McKinney to see PJ and go to a job fair (which turned out to be completely pointless). Romo tinkled a wee little bit when he saw me, which made me incredibly happy! He's having so much fun there. He has a dog friend (who doesn't particularly like him, in my opinion) and a good yard to run around in! It's so much fun to have a little family! There are a couple young girls that come over to PJ's parents house to play with the dogs. They painted my nails and put flowers in PJ's hair... isn't he cute?! (And looks so happy...)


I drove back to Memphis on the 17th for my last two weeks. On the 18th I began full-time babysitting for 2 children while their parents were in Mexico! There are normally 4 kids, but two of them went to Grandma's for the week. It's unbelievably easy to keep 2 kids compared to the normal 4. I started thinking that I will definitely want at least 4 of my own (I've always wanted 6 or 7, but you never really know... now I know... I think). One of the nights - Wednesday maybe - I got a text from Jambow. This was our conversation:

"Car accident busted knee on mu may to er"

"It's"

"What. Oh no. I'm babysitting or I'd be there!!!

"Call someone yo come I don't want to be alone"

"Okkkk... tried calling Ashley, let me keep trying people"

"Ok! What baptist east er?"

"On my way"

As you can see, I didn't change any of her mis-spelled words in order to capture the importance and urgency of her texts. I dropped the kids off at their grandparents - who happen to live next door - and was off to the ER! I had a photo of her at the hospital in a wheelchair, but Blogger made it disappear and I'm not happy about it. It also won't let me upload any photos again. Should I change to a new blog type? I think so. Anywho, she broke her patella pretty bad. They thought it was broken into 3 pieces, but when the surgeon began his work, he found that it was actually nearly shattered. She can't put any pressure on it for 6 weeks and they aren't confident the procedure is even going to work. If this is the case, she will have it all removed and replaced with a fake knee cap. Sounds fun, huh? Her mother, sister, and nephew came to take care of her for a few days. Can I just say that her nephew is the most amazing baby I've ever met? He's gorgeous and happy and smiley and perfect! Look at him sleeping on his "Tee Tee Me Me"!


I think that every family should have bi-racial babies. I think that every race should marry and create babies with every other race often, because he is BEAUTIFUL and there should be lots more like him crawling around! Jambow is a really good aunt and B B's mommy is a really great mom; oh heck, and Grammy is a wonderful Grandma! Life is good.

I move to Texas in 5 days. It's such a bitter-sweet thing, as are most changes in life. I thought moving to Memphis was going to be bitter-sweet, but it turned out to be mostly just sweet! I eagerly expect and hope that the move to TX will be the same. There are a lot of people here that I'm going to miss horribly, though. Including, but not limited to, Jambow. Memphis is only a 7 hour drive from McKinney, so I know that I will be back often! I'm thinking about running the St. Jude 1/2 marathon again... a GREAT excuse to make my way back over here :D

Until next time (which will hopefully be soon),

Mrs. Scalf



No comments:

Post a Comment