Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Adventures of 2010 #2

The first week of my new adventure was a complete success!
Chicken Parmigiana by The Pioneer Woman was DELIGHTFUL!! I mean... wow:
If I would have cared more about the above photo, I would have not tried a bite before I snapped this... and would have taken a warm, wet rag around the plate for a profession, clean look... But I was starving and the smell of garlic and melted cheese was going straight to my stomach and teasing me. So I tasted, snapped, then ate. And ate. And ate! The Mr. loved it, too (which is my ultimate goal).
And for dessert (which we didn't even get to eat until today because we were so stuffed from dinner), Veronica's Strawberry Chocolate Chip cookies.
YUMMY! Since you cannot find this recipe on The Pioneer Woman, here it is for your baking and eating pleasure: (and it will fulfil your deepest longing for sweet, delicious, goodies)
1 box Strawberry Cake Mix
1/4 cup flour
1/2 cup oil
1/4 cup water
1 egg
6 oz chocolate chip cookies (I used milk chocolate, but I'm sure semi-sweet are great, too)
Mix the ingredients together, bake at 325 degrees for 10-12 minutes (that's what the recipe says, but mine were done after 8 minutes). Unlike most cookies, you do not want these to turn golden brown, they need to be almost undercooked. I took mine out when I began to see golden brown on the bottom edges. They are nice and soft :D
Now, I'm going to enjoy a cookie if you don't mind...
Mrs. Scalf

No comments:

Post a Comment