Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Honey is Sweet

It's a WONDERFUL WEDNESDAY, friends!
Happy belated birthday to Michael Bear Stienke. We love you, dear friend. Today I just have a thought. For our Mission Graduation Bible study, we have been reading The Prodigal God by Timothy Keller (On the "Maggie's Must Read List"!! Hmm... I really should start the "Maggie's Must Read List"...) Keller writes on the fact that Salvation is Experiential and quotes Jonathon Edwards,

The difference between believing that God is gracious and tasting that God is gracious is as different as having a rational belief that honey is sweet and having the actual sense of its sweetness.

How beautiful... Yes I know that God is gracious, and most Christians know that God is gracious, but isn't it lovely to say that we truely know ("have tasted") God's grace because we have experienced it? How have you experienced God's grace?


Comming Soon:

Picture-perfect Pickwick and Wedding Photos...

-Mrs. Scalf

1 comment:

  1. Gods grace in my life is hard to put into works.
    He rescued me
    He chose me
    He redeemed me
    He loves me
    He blesses me
    There are no words to discribe how greatful I am that our lords grace over flows on me and my life.

    ReplyDelete