Friday, November 6, 2009

Battle Wounds

Bonjour mes amis!!
Happy Friday, everyone! I was reflecting on my week and notcies that something this week has been different than everyother week of the last 6 or 7. I have not run - not even once. Lindsay and I are training for a 1/2 marathon (YIKES!). The race is in less than one month, and I just took the week off... This is not okay.
I also then thought about my battle wounds. "Battle wounds?" you ask. Yes. About 1.5 weeks ago, I was going for a little 6 mile job and at about the 5.5 mile mark I fell. I biffed it. I crashed. I got knocked down. It was terrible. The funny thing is that I don't even know what happened... one moment I was happily running and the next I was on the ground - bewildered. I didn't stumble over my feet... I didn't black out... I just plumited (spelling?) straight to the ground. Below are my Battle Wounds.

The picture doesn't really do it justice. It pussed for 7 days straight. However, in the last 5 it started healing pretty good. I figure, it's been quite awhile since I fell on my knee - what, maybe at least 5-10 years, so I was due for a good fall.
One of my favorite things to do with my husband is go to his softball games. He's so good!!! At Buckhead, they have this little fall-like display all lit up in front of one of the four feilds. I dragged PJ with me to take a nice fall photo. As you can see...the quality isn't the best, but look how cute we are!
Also, I chopped my hair, but I'm not a fan of taking photos of myself - that's weird and so we'll just have to wait for a nice photo to just happen.
Still waiting on wedding photos... but I'll post a few of those as soon as they come.
Monday's growth group was awesome, too. I LOVE IT! A verse that we went over was 2nd Corinthians 12:9
"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness"
It goes on to say that for the sake of Christ, I will DELIGHT in my weaknesses, in insults in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties, for when I am weak, then I am strong. Wow... chew on that for a bit...
Until next time!
-Mrs. Scalf

1 comment:

  1. First - That is a great picture!
    Second - WE HAVE TO START RUNNING!
    Third - I love you Mrs.Scalf

    ReplyDelete